Sunday, September 2, 2012

Persevering in this spiritual warfare

Today, my soul was satisfied and my spirit was so lifted up in awe and adoration for my mighty Savior and King. How quickly time flees from us and how aware I am of the dire need to use my time wisely, while I am young, for the furtherance of the Kingdom of God.  We cannot deny we are in an intense spiritual warfare today, but how encouraging to know there is a way we can persevere through it: to have daily fellowship with God, through the full indwelling of the Holy Spirit, by walking in our human spirit. How wonderful to be lifted up to the heavenly places in fellowship with God! So often I praise and utterly thank the Lord for gifted men who faithfully teach the truth of God's Word these days. For even in this sermon, my spirit testifies to the truth of it, but I would never have been able to put it into words as he has. The teacher today just happened to be my dad :) To God be the glory...


"The Human Spirit" (Part 4) Brent Harris 9/2/12

"But you are not in the flesh but in spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His."
Romans 8:9